Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ears to You, Paper Players {PP136}

Hi there, friends! As Sunday rolls around I'm sad that our Spring Break has come to an end :-( but glad to be this week's hostess over at The Paper Players.  This week we have a color challenge and oh how I love working with color!  I find color inspiration literally everywhere but often from fashion and home decor.  This week, I've chosen a bright and happy spring combination.
Pretty, yes?  I think so!  I knew that I wanted to make an Easter card and the single stamp Ears to You was calling my name!  I showed it some ink with a previous sketch from Retro Sketches [love] and came up with this:
To the Early Espresso base I added a layer of Pool Party CS embossed with the Cloudy Day embossing folder.  I ran the full piece through the Big Shot twice to cover the entire section.  That did leave an area in the middle where the two embossed sections met but I covered that easily with ribbon, the Top Note shape and the focal element. Doesn't the Lucky Limeade chevron pattern from Summer Smooches DSP look great with the patterned bunnies?!  
And about those bunnies....I first stamped the entire image in Early Espresso and then added the bunnies.  I stamped each bunny in Regal Rose, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party inks then fussy-cut each one.  Have I told you how much I love to fussy-cut?  Really, I do just ask my stamp clubs, LOL!  The trick here was to leave a bitty white border so it would cover up the Early Espresso image I stamped first.  Why did I do it this way, you might ask?  Well, I wanted the sentiment in Early Espresso and I wanted a more saturated color than what coloring it with markers would provide so....fussy-cutting was the answer!
Lastly, I wanted those sweet little bunnies on the inside but the stamp was too big.  My Digital Studio to the rescue!  I created a page just the size I needed (4" x 5.25") and added three bunnies from the Little Additions digital stamp brush set and colored them in my challenge colors.  After I printed it onto Whisper White cardstock, all I had to do was stamp the sentiment from Delightful Dozen in Early Espresso to finish it off!
Here's another version of this same card that the gals in my clubs made last month.  This time, I used the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP as my color inspiration and we only had to fussy-cut two bunnies instead of all three!  I was kind to them. :-)
I customized the inside of the club card too with a page from MDS using Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist and Melon Mambo to color the bunnies.

I hope I've inspired you to play along with our color challenge over at The Paper Players.  We would love to see your creation in the gallery.  Just make sure to link up before the challenge closes on Friday, March 15th at Noon (PST).  Until then, be sure to stop by my fellow Design Team mates to see their lovely creations and leave them some love!  Thanks for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team
  Photobucket
Supplies Used to Make this Card
Stamps: Ears to You; Delightful Dozen
Inks: Regal Rose, Pool Party Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso
Paper: Pool Party, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Regal Rose CS; Summer Smooches DSP
Extras: Oval Framelits; Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack; Top Note die; Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon [retired]; Cloudy Day embossing folder; Printed 2011 In Color Designer Brads; Little Additions digital stamp brush set; paper snips

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this color combo---I want to stamp something else using it!!! Your bunnies are adorable...especially the ones done by MDS on the inside! I still haven't bitten the MDS bullet yet, but I am getting closer after seeing what you do with it!!!

Kathi said...

What an adorable card! I love the color combo, really makes me feel like spring is here! Those bunnies are just too cute!

stampwithsandy said...

What a happy, colorful card! Love the layout, and your little bunnies are so perfectly cut out!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so cute! These bunnies are adorable! Love the inside ones you created as well - I'd be the one headed in the other direction :)

Ann Schach said...

A triple dose of cuteness with these adorable bunnies, Nance! And then, when I thought it couldn't be any sweeter, I spy the bunnies on the inside! Just too cute!

Amy O said...

These bunnies are adorable, Nance! I love both of your cards, and I'm wowed with the little ones on the inside!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is too too cute! I just ordered this set and can't figure out how I missed it before! love the different positions of the bunnies. The inside is as cute as the outside. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Love it! You have inspired me to dig out my Top Note Die! Those little bunnies are too cute and so expertly fussy cut! :-)

Colleen said...

The bunnies are just the cutest things EVER! I love their ears! Such a cute cute card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Both cards are so fresh and fun, Nance! I love the mix of texture and pattern...and of of course, the lovely layers. I don't think you could have cut out those bunnies more perfectly either. THanks for the awesome colors this week! :)