Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Masculine Mosaic {PP165}

Hiya friends and happy Sunday.  I hope you're having a great weekend.  Me, I'm working this weekend but found some time to make a  card for Ann's awesome Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week at The Paper Players:
I'm so pleased with this card because I actually managed to complete 5 squares making this an "X marks the spot" card:
And if 5 squares wasn't enough, I think I succeeded at making a masculine card too!  Perfect for a male co-worker's birthday.  So, have you figured out which squares I used?  Birthday, embossing, buttons, ribbon and banners...oh my!  I sanded a piece of Early Espresso Core'dinations paper that was embossed with the Modern Mosaic embossing folder.    I layered some retired Cajun Craze DSP with a Crushed Curry Window Frames Collection Framelit that was stamped with Off the Grid in Crushed Curry ink.  I like how the gird pattern is repeated in the stamp and the DSP.
The focal point is a piece of Naturals Ivory cut with the Chalk Talk Framelits and stamped with a border image from Mosaic Madness.  The images from Mosaic Madness where stamped in Midnight Muse, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze and punched with the coordinating Mosaic punch.  Though they are small, those little brads from Vintage Trinkets qualify as buttons in my book!  I hope Ann agrees.  :-)
The inside is very simply to allow room for many people to sign but I really like how the Off the Grid stamp works when stamped Off the Grid Edge!

I hope you like it, and the rest of my card, too!  Be sure to stop by my Design Team mates and give them some comment love!  This great group of ladies inspires me all the time!  Then, come back and play along with us at The Paper Players before Ann's challenge closes on Friday, October 4th at Noon (PDT). Thanks for stopping by today!
Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Mosaic Madness; Off the Grid; Remembering Your Birthday
Paper: Crushed Curry, Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso Core'dination CS; Well Worn DSP [retired]
Ink: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake
Xtras: Vintage Trinkets; Mosaic Punch; Modern Mosaic embossing folder; Burlap Ribbon; Chalk Talk & Window Frame Collection Framelits

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You'd win big at Bingo with X marks the spot! And this card is a winner for sure! So rich looking and full of wonderful details! And I always love the inside touches!

Nancy said...

Very nice card Nance, so many details and everything nicely tied together, love the burlap ribbon w/the fringing on top (makes it truly a masculine card)!
Luv,
Mom

LeAnne said...

Very striking card...and that Off the Grid stamp is going higher & higher on my wish list!!!

None None said...

Perfectly stunning! I love the colors you used - very masculine indeed. And the inside of the card is a stunner, as always! I'm with LeAnne, that particular stamp set is inching its way up my list as well!

stampwithsandy said...

You've got lots of fun stuff going on in this card, Nance! Love the texture the burlap and sanded background add, and the great colors and shapes.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is FABulous! Love the sanded embossed background! How cool and the burlap is perfect for the masculine touch. The inside is a wowzer too! I love that stamp but never thought to use it inside. Very cool! Hugs.

Claire Broadwater said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! It is stunning! I keep going back to look at it! Love the use of the Off the Grid, the colors and the shapes! One of my favorites!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This. Is. AWESOME!! I love the colors, the textures and the inside is just as cool as the outside. Crafty perfection, as always, my friend! :)