Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Paper Players Challenge #196

Hi all, it's Paper Players Sunday!  I'm on vacation this week but encourage you to check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of The Paper Players Design Team where Ann is hosting a Clean-and-Simple challenge:
I didn't have time to make a DT card for this challenge before I left on vacation but have something made previously to share with you.  It's not CAS but it does feature flowers!
A SCRAPBOOK PAGE!  Not something you see here very often, lol!  I needed to make one for my Display Stamper application and decided to use my favorite school photo of DD.  The colors and butterflies on her dress provided an obvious source of inspiration.
The colors are Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette, Summer Starfruit and Whisper White.  Stamps used are Swallowtail, Everything Eleanor and Flower Shop.
I used the In Color Dahlias on the larger flowers but needed a smaller embellishment for the center of the small flower from Everything Eleanor.  As the saying goes necessity is the mother of invention, I bunched some Summer Starfruit Baker's Twine around a tiny glue dot and voila!  Instant flower center!  Thanks for popping by today for a visit!

Photobucket

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this is so sweet! I am thrilled to see a scrappy page here! I love how her dress is so inspirational!! And look at that sweet, sweet smile! I've been playing with my Project Life stuff too!!! MAYBE eventually I'll actually get a page DONE!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this is a fabulous page layout and the inspiration is FAB.
Great photo and love love love the "LOVE"... very cool.
hugs