Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Starburst Sayings for The Challenge #24

Hi all! It has been crazy busy around the Canopy in the last several days. I had a fabulous time at SU Leadership in Orlando with my Mom but had to leave early on Saturday to meet DH and DD in Daytona Beach for DD's volleyball tournament. That was also a wonderful--and I'm not gonna lie, a little stressful--experience. The girls came away with 1st place in the Silver Divison--yay!!   All that meant that I couldn't post a card for The Paper Players yesterday but do check out Claire's fun challenge this week! Today, however, I do have a card for you featuring colors AND a sketch from the gals over at The Challenge!
I was delighted to learn that my card for Challenge #22 was a winner and that I would get to guest as a designer for Challenge #24! I was so excited to see if I could combine all these fabulous colors AND the sketch....so how did I do?
To be honest, I almost feel like I cheated customizing the background paper with some Irresistibly Yours DSP and markers!  This DSP is the coolest offering from SU Sale-a-Bration, ever!  It features a white-on-white embossed pattern that allows you to sponge, color or spritz any color you want!  I colored the striped pattern with Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Crisp Cantaloupe and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write markers to achieve a custom background paper.  The rest of the card is pretty simple using the Starburst Sayings stamp set and coordinating Framelits to stamp and cut the focal point.  I changed up the sketch a little using the circle as the main section instead of the rectangle but if you would like the dimensions that coordinate with the original sketch, here are some suggested measurements:

Card Base: 4.25 x 5.5"
Gray Side Strip: 3.5 x 5.5"
Rectangle: 2.25 x 4"
Long Flag: 2 x 4.50"
Star: Any Shape


Be sure to check out all the fabulous creations from the talented Design Team over at The Challenge...we hope you will play along with us!
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this Nance!!!!! Love your bright colors too, so amazing!!! So great to have you join us at The Challenge as the Guest DT!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this bright and colourful card Nance. I had a go at The Challenge today, but only used the sketch! Might have another go using the colours too next week. Congrats on your guest spot - you so rose to The Challenge! xx

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love that sentiment!

Nancy said...

Wow love the bright colors and your use of coloring the DSP, looks great, the dry embossed stars, the banner and the perfectly tied little bow!

Congrats on being a guest designer too!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance
Congrats on your WIN! This card is fantastic and I thought it WAS DSP before I read you created it. Very clever! The layers look amazing and many.... and I agree with mom... the bow is tied perfectly!
So glad you and mom got to go to Leadership... again.... so much fun for you girls. One of these days I WILL make it!
Congrats to Arden for the WIN too. I saw her on FB ... great shot.
Hugs

Lesley said...

Fantastic card, Nance! Love those embossed stars on the banner!!! So happy you were our guest this challenge!~
Hugs,
Lesley

Nance said...

Beautiful card, Nance! Bright and cheerful! Glad you Guest Designed with us at The Challenge!