Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Peek-a-Boo Birthday {PP254}

Hello friends and welcome to another week with The PaperPlayers.  After a little mid-summer break last weekend, I’m back with a fun card for Laurie’s Clean-and-Simple challenge:
 
I thought this would be a good time to try out the new THICK Whisper White cardstock—love it!  I also had the idea to make a peek-a-boo frame and here’s what I came up with:

Cute?!  With the new thick cardstock, I could easily cover the front with some fun DSP and not have to stabilize the base with another layer.  Perfect for the CAS challenge.  I love the cheerful patterns in the Cherry on Top DSP stack and took my color combination from all the colored balloons: Bermuda Bay, Cucumber Crush, and Watermelon Wonder. 


After I covered the front with DSP, I used an Oval Framelit to cut the window for the sentiment.  Layering two different sized Oval Framelits on a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock make the frame for my window.  



The Tin of Cards stamp set is a great one with this fun font and since it’s photopolymer, I could see exactly where I placed it as I stamped it through the peek-a-boo window.  Some balloons from a previous Paper Pumpkin kit added to the fun on the inside.

I hope you will stop by The Paper Players and check out all the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  Then, join in the fun before our challenge closes on Friday, July 24th at Noon (PST).

11 comments:

laurie said...

I LOVE that DP! Your peek a boo frame idea is so fun, and I love how you finished off the inside with the balloons!

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute idea Nance, I love it! Love how the stamp balloons on the inside repeat the patterned paper.

Nancy said...

Don't ya just love the thick CS and the DSP, I know I do. You put all of these items to good use, the card is adorable with a capital A!
Luv,
Mom

Lisa Elton said...

What a happy card Nance!! Sure to bring a smile to the recipient, it did me!!

stampwithamyk said...

I love this! Your frame is fantastic...so perfectly done! And the little banners with the twine top your card off perfectly. :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance this card is so cheery and bright and I love it! Love the balloon DSP and the surprise ones inside too. Your die cut peak-a-boo is perfection... and looks great in that color.
The balloon string on the front is the finishing touch.... so charming and I think I see the balloon floating the to sky that got away!

PS: I'm bummed because the Tin of Cards set is on back order! Along with 6 other items from my order! Aaagrrww. Can't wait to get everything. Hugs

LeAnne said...

Super cute, Nance! I love that white cardstock too...no bleed-through when I watercolor! Your use of the PP balloons matches the DSP perfectly!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is so fun! Love the DSP and the floating balloons inside! Your peek a boo frame is perfect! Your happy card made me smile! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous! CAS perfection with one of my most favourite DSP stacks of all time! I love the whole peek-a-boo frame; a nice touch yet this card would be easy enough to run off a few for 'emergencies' - I might just have to do that Nance!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and cute, Nance! It's festive and perfect for anyone's birthday! LOVE it!

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love the little banners on the outside and the way the balloons just pop over the center line on the inside. This is a fabulous birthday card.
hugs
jaydee